Friday, August 30, 2019

week 2 story: patrick the trickster

The time is currently 12:22AM. Albert makes a bowl of quinoa and rice.

Once upon a time, swift-footed Georgie walked down a street. At the corner of his eyes, he sees a big burly clown-man waving.
Northampton clown. Image: Facebook
clown saying hello
belfasttelegraph
The big burly clown-man smiled at him softly and runs into the street gutters. Swift footed Georgie, braver than a brave man, runs towards the gutters. Georgie looks down and sees... this.
Stephen King It clown
complex

"What the ****!" 
yelped swift-footed Georgie, as he jumps backward similar to how other little boys his age would jump backward if they saw what he saw.

"Uh... hey there little fella," said the clown.

"MOM!!!!!!" yelled Georgie.

"SHHHH!!! not too loud!" 

Curious, swift-footed Georgie gets closer to the clown. 

"What the HECK are you doing down there?" asked the valiant boy.

"Playing Pokemon GO"

"In there?!"

"Yes." 

"Well, you damn near gave me a heart attack!"

"I know I'm sorry, but I need your help!"

"With what?" said Georgie as he takes a step back.

"Well, could you give me a hand? I got stuck!" said the clown as he reaches out to grab Georgie.

"Probably not. My mom said not to talk to strangers." said swift-footed Georgie as he got even further back.

"Please!" cried the clown.

"Okay, I'll help you."

Georgie grabs hold of the clown's hand and pulls him out of the gutters.

"Thank God! I thought I would be down there forever!" said the clown.

"You're welcome!" remarked Georgie.

"You're a FOOL for pulling me out. I've been down there for years! Now I'm hungry!!!" yelled the clown.

"No! Please don't eat me!" cried Georgie.

As Georgie's life is about to literally be consumed, Patrick Star walks by.
Patrick Star GIF
patrick star walking by
giphy


"Oh, Patrick! Oh, wise sage! Please help me!" cried Georgie.

"What's the problem here?" said Patrick.

"This clown is trying to eat me!" said Georgie, pleading for intervention.

"Sounds good! Carry on!" said Patrick as he walks away.

Georgie, feeling hopeless now as the clown slowly gnaws on his head, tries once more to ask Patrick for help.

"Patrick wait!!"

Patrick waddles back.

"Would you like to know how I got into this predicament?"

"Sure!" chimed Patrick.

Georgie explains what happened to Patrick.

"And that's how I got here!" 

Dumb Patrick GIF - Patrick GIFs
patrick is confused. tenor

"So you fell into the gutter?" asked Patrick.

"No! Let me explain it again," yelled Georgie.

Georgie explains the predicament a second time.

"So you grabbed the clown and are about to eat him?" asked Patrick.

The clown enraged by this stupidity takes his mouth off of Georgie's head and attempts to explain.

"No no no! I GOT STUCK IN THE GUTTER. AND GEORGIE PULLED ME OUT!" yelled the clown.

"You got stuck and the gutter pulled you out? And now Georgie wants to eat you?" asked Patrick.

"NO!! LET ME SHOW YOU. I GOT STUCK LIKE THIS!" yelled the clown.

The clown jumps back into the gutter.

"And stuck you will say!" yelled Georgie as he runs away to his mommy.

Authors Notes:
I got the idea for this story from the anthology that we read regarding the trickster hare and the lion who tries to eat the brahmin. I thought it would be really funny to do the same story with Pennywise the clown from It. I also replaced the hare with Patrick, who is actually dumb. The story ends similar to how the trickster myth ends with Pennywise jumping back into his "cage" where he remains stuck.

Bibliography:
Indian Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1912). mythfolklore

3 comments:

  1. Hi Albert! I thought this was very creative and a great story! Your dialogue was great and it kept the story moving. I also thought the characters you used were funny and unique. I absolutely hate clowns, so the pictures kind of frightened me, not gonna lie. Since your dialogue was so good, you did not really need any details explaining the storyline. How did you come up with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was late at night and I was watching spooky videos lol and I thought about pennywise and the tiger in the cage!

      Delete
  2. Hi Albert! I really like how you wrote the story. I really hate scary movies so I haven't seen IT. But, I think you did a great job of organizing your story, even for us who haven't seen anything. I also really like the amount of pictures you used- even though they were really creepy. Maybe I should read your other stories so I can be less creeped out.

    ReplyDelete