Thursday, August 22, 2019

Growth Mindset

Over a year ago I read something about growth mindset in the Indian Epics course and briefly skimmed over some of its criticisms and flat out rejected it. I felt completely okay with the notion that I knew everything that was going on and that there could possibly be no criticism to a growth mindset. 
Today I took this assignment on again and read the articles criticizing the growth mindset and am completely blown away. I really felt like I cheated myself on having my beliefs challenged by not reading the articles as closely as I did this time.
For the past four years of college, I have entrenched myself in this belief that your attitude is everything and have completely disregarded any arguments that stated otherwise. One of the most profound connections that I found when reading these arguments is how conservative of a narrative that I have adopted in my progression throughout college and how those conservative views that I have fostered are not perfect.
I'm really thankful I read through all three of those articles criticizing grit and growth mindset!

Shocked Clap GIF - Shocked Clap Omg GIFsShocked Clap GIF - Shocked Clap Omg GIFsShocked Clap GIF - Shocked Clap Omg GIFs

No comments:

Post a Comment