Friday, November 22, 2019

Week 14 Lab

Man it's been a wild ride this whole semester. I am adding one more story to my storybook before I go though! I will end it with Patrick reaching his home. I'm going to reread Fagles's version of Odysseus's encounter with his father and skip a few scenes to when he cleans out the suitors from his house. The story will be the end of the 'nostos' journey and will focus on how he achieves that in 3 distinct scenes: The scene with his nurse who recognized Patrick's scar, the scene with his father who was crying and beat himself up, and the scene with his wife as they recognized and tested him over the source of the tree bed!

Bibliography:
The Odyssey translated by Robert Fagles

Image result for odysseus's scar
the nurse recognizes and realizes it is Odysseus

No comments:

Post a Comment