Friday, November 15, 2019

Week 13 Story: Patrick and the brothers

Running swiftly from the woods I ran to town to inform everybody of our treasure!

"Boy, we will be rich now! I no longer have to toil and slave away my life for a living!" I thought.

I ran past a tree and tripped and fell flat on my face.

"Oh, stupid me! I always fall for things like this!" I said as I got up.

Then it clicked, what if I somehow could trick my brothers into giving me the rest of their gold? I mean, after all, I was the smartest one of the bunch. I graduated from Starfish University in Bikini Bottom and almost had a five-star GPA.

As I went into town, I was greeted by fellow pedestrians.

"Sir Patrick! You've arrived! We have been waiting for you! Where are your brothers? Are they not to be seen anywhere?" they said.

"Hey everyone, yeah my brothers are right behind me, I just forgot some wine for our picnic! Also, I've been feeling kind of sick, do you know if the apothecary is open today?" I asked.

"Yes, Dr. Strange is in his office right now, swing on by whenever, he is such a nice man!" they said.

After grabbing a few bottles of wine from the house, I swung by the apothecary's house.

"Dr. Strange! How are you? Listen, so I've had this problem lately in my backyard with some vipers? They're really sneaky and I think they might be up to something. They're pretty gullible though, do you happen to have any poison I could mix in some food and give to them?" I said.

But Dr. Strange looked at me strangely.

"Patrick, this is a medicine house not a game place. You will have to go somewhere else for your poison." he said.

"But Dr. Strange, I need it today! The vipers might be gone the next day! And everyone said you were the best Doctor in town and always willing to help! Please won't you help me find a way to get rid of them!" I harked back.

"Okay, here are some pain medication. It is extremely lethal at high dosages. Also, it tastes just like wine! Try mixing This into some wine and leave it out for the snakes. Perhaps they will drink from it." He said.

"Perfect, I will do that! I promise when I come back I will pay you a hundredfold!" I said as I ran out the door.

Grabbing my bottles of wine, I quickly mixed the pain medication with the wine and left one clean.

As I was running back to my base, I was ambushed by my two other brothers, and they clubbed me to death. It turns out, they also had the genius plan of splitting the gold amongst themselves. However, after my murder, they celebrated with the wine.

"Gosh Spongebob, this wine is super wine tasting!" said Squidward.

They both died.

Image result for it's alphabet soup i made it special
alphabet soup scene from spongebob

Author's notes: I focused on the reveler's tales within the Canterbury tales unit. I thought it was cool how the brothers plotted to kill each other and in the end, they all died. I chose to focus on the dialogue of the younger brother and the quick-changing mindset of how he can go from living a more comfortable life to straight-up greedy. I replaced the brothers with Patrick, Squidward, and Spongebob, and the apothecary with Dr. Strange.
The new moral of the story is money can change a person for the worst.

Bibliography:
The Chaucer Story Book by Eva March Tappan




3 comments:

  1. Hey there Andrew! I really enjoyed reading your story, and I loved how you were able to continue on with your story of Patrick in this class. I really liked the overall moral of the story being about the problems of greed when someone gets their hands on wealth. You were able to do a great job in the incorporation of the original story with your own, and I could definitely see how the original story lined up with yours. I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew,

    I am pretty sure I read one of your posts during week one. I commend you on being able to continue the story of Patrick through 13 weeks of class, I didn't know if you were going to make it. I also think that it is so cool that you have been able to put Patrick into every story you've written. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew!
    I love how no matter the original story, you find a way to stay consistent and develop the character Patrick even more. You effortly implement your style into your stories. I also love how you frequently use dialogue throughout your writing. I often get intimidating when attempting to do this, but it ultimately puts the reader within the plot. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete