Thursday, November 14, 2019

Reading Notes Week 13: Canterburry tales Part A

The Canterbury Tales unit blew me away. I've never read any of these stories until now and they remind me of Aesop's fable a little. Although a lot of the stories contain tricksters, most of the stories seem to also have a moral message to them. Specifically, the stories about the Reveler's stood out to me and the guide notes on tops help form a conclusion a head of time that the brothers would kill eachother in search of death. That was probably the most fascinating. On the flip side, there were also stories that I thought ended very abruptly, but that's fine too. The theme of death and desire also seem to loom in these stories pretty often which probably connotes to a cardinal vice of lust during these times.
The older brother plotting to kill the young one
Bibliography: The Chaucer Story Book by Eva March Tappan (1908).

No comments:

Post a Comment